Smoke Damage Restoration Mentor, OH
Serious smoke damage can occur in your home or business even where a small fire is quickly extinguished. Smoldering debris can produce excessive amounts of smoke and many homes in the Mentor area have been impacted by drifting smoke from marsh fires.
The presence of humidity, soot and debris can lead to discoloration, lingering odors, and permanent damage to porous materials, including wood and marble. The compounds in smoke are toxic and corrosive, causing exposed surfaces to continue to deteriorate. The fact is, many have found the majority of damage from a fire is the smoke damage to items that were not exposed to any flames.
Time is of the essence. The quicker restoration begins, the more likely you can save furniture, walls, and precious heirlooms. That’s why the ServiceMaster team arrives within minutes of your call to begin smoke damage restoration in Mentor and the surrounding communities.
Our services include:
- Isolating the smoke damaged areas from areas not impacted
- Removal of furniture, carpeting, clothing, and valuables for specialized cleaning
- Wiping down and removing soot from surfaces
- Implementation of specialized air cleaning to remove lingering odors
We respond within 60 minutes of your call day or night.
Whether a fire occurs within your home, in an adjacent space, or roars though wooded or marshy areas, smoke odors and soot will enter every space in a building. Don’t delay getting help to begin smoke damage restoration in Mentor, Ohio, or any of the surrounding communities.
How can we help today?
What to do before help arrives:
- Call your insurance agent.
- Call ServiceMaster Restoration by Lewis Construction.
- Blow off or brush-vacuum loose soot particles from upholstery, drapes, and carpets. Do NOT attempt to clean.
- Cover carpeted traffic areas with towels or old linens. Do NOT attempt to clean.
- Discard open food packages. Do NOT eat anything that was exposed to smoke.
- If electrical service is off, clean out your freezer and refrigerator. Leave the doors propped open or place charcoal in the unit.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified professional dry cleaner that specializes in smoke damage.
- Wipe laminate, chrome, and porcelain fixtures in the kitchen and bathroom to prevent permanent tarnishing and etching.
- Wipe leaves of houseplants to remove smoke residue.
- Change the air filter on your furnace.
- Tape cheesecloth over intake and outlet air registers to capture loose soot in the air. This is even more effective if the cheesecloth is damp.
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
- Do NOT attempt to wash papered or flat painted walls. Incorrect cleaning procedures could compound the soot residue problem.
Call ServiceMaster today for smoke damage restoration in Mentor, Ohio!