Smoke Damage Restoration Youngstown, OH
Urban areas can be especially vulnerable when fire strikes. Closely placed homes and buildings that share walls lead to quick spread of flames, with more significant damage to older wood structures. What isn’t impacted by fire will likely suffer severe smoke damage, but with quick action, smoke damage recovery is possible.
The smoke that permeates a building during a fire is comprised of thousands of compounds that are both damage-causing and toxic. Soot settles on surfaces, potentially causing permanent discoloration, and invisible acidic gasses cause lingering odors and continued corrosion of furniture, metals, and glass. Minutes count with smoke damage in Youngstown, Ohio and throughout the region. Our technicians arrive quickly while restoration is still possible for many of your valuables.
Our services include:
- Isolating the smoke damaged areas from areas not impacted
- Removal of furniture, carpeting, clothing, and valuables for specialized cleaning
- Wiping down and removing soot from surfaces
- Implementation of specialized air cleaning to remove lingering odors
We respond within 60 minutes of your call day or night.
Even a small fire in your home or business can cause significant smoke damage. Smoke odors can linger in cases where there was no fire, or where a fire occurred on another floor or a neighboring unit. If you have experienced a fire, don’t delay getting help to begin smoke damage restoration in Youngstown, Ohio, or any of the surrounding communities.
Call ServiceMaster today for smoke damage restoration in Youngstown, Boardman, and the surrounding area!
How can we help today?
What to do before help arrives:
- Call your insurance agent.
- Call ServiceMaster Restoration by Lewis Construction.
- Blow off or brush-vacuum loose soot particles from upholstery, drapes, and carpets. Do NOT attempt to clean.
- Cover carpeted traffic areas with towels or old linens. Do NOT attempt to clean.
- Discard open food packages. Do NOT eat anything that was exposed to smoke.
- If electrical service is off, clean out your freezer and refrigerator. Leave the doors propped open or place charcoal in the unit.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified professional dry cleaner that specializes in smoke damage.
- Wipe laminate, chrome, and porcelain fixtures in the kitchen and bathroom to prevent permanent tarnishing and etching.
- Wipe leaves of houseplants to remove smoke residue.
- Change the air filter on your furnace.
- Tape cheesecloth over intake and outlet air registers to capture loose soot in the air. This is even more effective if the cheesecloth is damp.
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
- Do NOT attempt to wash papered or flat painted walls. Incorrect cleaning procedures could compound the soot residue problem.