Fire Damage Services Youngstown, Ohio
Older homes can be especially vulnerable to potential fires and extensive damage, so fire damage services throughout Youngstown, including cleaning and restoration, are especially important. Rely on the fire restoration experts at ServiceMaster Restore to be there when you need help to recover from a fire in your home or business.
Our team arrives within 60 minutes of your call for help. This is critical because of the deterioration that continues even after the fire is out, potentially making it impossible to save important documents, equipment, antiques and family heirlooms. Our fire damage experts in Youngstown immediately remove precious items and begin the cleaning process.
When your home or business has been damaged by fire, make ServiceMaster Restore in Boardman your first call to begin the recovery process.
Our fire restoration services in Youngstown and the surrounding area include:
- Boarding, tarping and securing your property
- Emergency cleaning
- Content removal and cleaning
We respond day or night to provide the help you need.
What you can do before help arrives:
- Call your insurance agent and let them know about the situation.
- Call ServiceMaster Restoration by Lewis Construction!
- Blow off or brush-vacuum any loose soot particles from upholstery, drapes, and carpets
- Cover carpeted traffic areas with towels or old linens to prevent additional soiling.
- Discard open food packages. The food could be contaminated.
- If electrical service is off, clean out your freezer and refrigerator. Leave the doors propped open or place charcoal in the unit.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified professional dry cleaner that specializes in smoke damage.
- Clean laminate and chrome fixtures in the kitchen and bathroom to prevent permanent tarnishing.
- Wipe residue from porcelain bath fixtures to prevent etching.
- Wipe the leaves of houseplants to remove smoke residue.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape cheesecloth over intake and outlet air registers to capture any loose soot in the air. This is even more effective if the cheesecloth is damp.
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
Call ServiceMaster today for fire damage restoration in Youngstown, Boardman, and the surrounding area!